If you have a newborn coming up, it’s important to seek for the best stroller and car seat combo early on. This way, when you finally have your baby, you won’t have to rush buying one. Getting the right stroller and car seat combo, also known as a stroller travel system is a great way to ease travelling with a newborn baby.
Just imagine how you won’t have to worry about carrying your newborn all day. Although this is quite intimate for parent and child, carrying the baby for hours can be really tiring, especially if it’s coupled with long walks and queues. If you’re doing errands, such as getting groceries or having the car washed, it will be easier and safer to place the baby on a stroller.
This is also because you minimize the risk of accidents. Arms become tired overtime and picking up groceries on shelves might make matters worse. Before giving birth, make sure that everything is ready for the baby, including a stroller and car seat combo.
What are the recommended stroller and car seat combos?
Many companies now sell combos because of the large demand for both. After all, it’s not enough for a parent to just buy the car seat; there must be an accompanying stroller too for safety and mobility. Stroller and car seat combos also offer greater deals that having to buy them separately. Not to mention, a matching stroller and car seat design is very cute.
If you are not sure of what is offered out there in the market, you will be surprised to know that there’s a ton of them. We have listed some below:
Graco Alano Classic Connect Travel System, Roman
- Stroller travel system includes the Graco Snug Ride Click Connect 35 infant car seat, rear-facing for infants from 4-35 pounds and up to 32"
- One-second, one-hand fold provides the ultimate in convenience for moms on-the-go
- Jogging travel system features air-filled rubber tires that offer suspension for a smooth ride on any terrain
Included in the package are the stroller, infant car seat, and stay-in car base. The stroller can hold up to 50 pounds so you’ll be able to still use it for years, even after your infant has grown into a child. It has a lot of features for efficiency such as one-hand standing fold, deluxe-padded multi-position reclining seat, and lockable front swivels with suspension.
For added safety, the stroller has a convertible 3-5 point harness and has a child tray that pivots or removes for easier stroller entry. There’s also a large storage basket that is easily accessible and can hold your baby’s daily essentials. The stay-in car base can be installed easily so you won’t have to set it up every time you need to place the car seat. The car seat can hold a child weighing up to 22 pounds.
BOB Motion Travel System, Black
- Locking swivel-front wheel for stability when jogging and easy mobility while on the go in the city
- Air-filled tires and mountain bike-style suspension system offers an ultra-smooth ride, while the adjustable handlebar creates a perfect fit for parents of all heights
- No-rethread harness, one-hand near-flat recline, and 2-step fold allows for easy adjustments; ventilated, padded seat and extra-large UPF 50+ canopy ensures a cool, comfortable journey
This BOB travel system is one of the best in the market in terms of quality and customer base. If you are in doubt with the best one to get, definitely pick BOB if you have the budget to spare, as it is very expensive. But just think about how you’re paying for quality and safety of your child.
The stroller is compact and lightweight and can be folded with just one hand and locked with the automatic frame lock. The accompanying infant car seat features side impact protection and an energy absorbing liner distributes crash forces. You can install the car seat onto the stroller and secure it in just one click. It can hold weight of up to 30 pounds while the stroller can hold up to 65 pounds.
Parents love how this stroller is engineered well so that it rolls smoothly over different terrains. You don’t have to worry about your infant being woken up. This is a great travel system because you can easily move your sleeping infant in one place to another without having to wake and lift him/her all the time.
Chicco Neuvo Compact Travel System, Granita
- The Chicco Bravo Trio System Includes Bravo Stroller, Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base
- Stroller features removable seat for easy transformation into a stylish frame carrier for the Key Fit.A gorgeously woven jacquard in a delightful polka dot pattern is paired with warm grey and delicate pink accents, creating a feminine look that is oh-so-inviting
- Stroller features one-hand fold, auto-positioning wheels and a self-standing compact folded position
This travel system comes with a stroller and car seat made of very lightweight materials, but still strong and sturdy enough to absorb shock. Your child can use the stroller for years to come because it can hold a child’s weight up to 50 pounds.
It has 5-point safety harness, parent cup holder and child tray with double cup holders, storage basket and an adjustable, removable canopy with peek-a-boo window. All the wheels come with suspension and the front wheels can be locked for additional safety and smoother ride. The stroller is multi-position and can be reclined. When not in use, you can easily fold it with just one hand.
The car seat, on the other hand, is thickly padded for your child’s comfort. The carrier shell is lined with energy absorbing foam and the can hold your infant with weight of up to 30 pounds.
Safety 1st Saunter Travel System, Cosmos Storm
- FULL FEATURED TRAVEL SYSTEM: This elegant travel system comes complete with Evenflo's Rollover Tested SafeMax Infant Car Seat and stay-in-car base that accommodates infant and children from 4-35 pounds (Stroller maximum weight is 50 pounds)
- DUAL MODES FOR PARENT'S PEACE OF MIND: This full-size luxury travel system features 6 modes of use - a reversible carriage mode offers 2 options, Frame Stroller, Travel system, and Toddler Stroller. Rear facing height is 17 to 32 inches
- EASY RIDE FOR YOUR BABY OR TODDLER: The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System features new Cruiser Tires to provide your child with a smooth ride, while also making the stroller effortless to push with its ergonomic handles
Among the stroller and car seat combos listed here, the Safety 1st is definitely the most affordable without sacrificing quality and safety. The stroller, built with lightweight and sturdy materials, comes thickly foamed for the comfort of your infant. It also has a 3-point restraint system, child tray tables, storage and QuickClick that secures the infant seat onto the stroller.
The infant car seat is rear facing for children between 4 to 22 pounds and is capable of protecting your child with its side impact protection and infant head support. It is lightweight so you can easily transport it onto the stroller. It also has a stay-in-car base.
Key Takeaway: Stroller and car seat combos, also called stroller travel systems aren’t only cheaper in comparison to buying them separately, but it’s also very efficient. This is because you can simply transfer the car seat onto the stroller and secure it with a click. This prevents having to lift the baby and wake him/her from slumber.
There are many brands of stroller and car seat combos out in the market. The prices vary; it can go as low as around $100 but it can also set a high price of above $500. However, parents shouldn’t look at the price tag alone; make sure that the stroller and car seat combo aren’t only efficient but it can also provide safety to your child.